Was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia (severe), & depression (severe) when I was 15-16 years old.
Here is what I do / what I recommend to keep yourself functioning better then most normal people in the world today.
1. Meditate almost everyday with music & other times with guided meditations on youtube.
2. Keep a notepad / journal on the computer at all times to write down whats going on in your head.
3. Use positive affirmations / positive thinking / gratitude in the journal.
4. Have motivational posters in your room, Keep a clean room/space, Have a plant on your desk.
5. Try and do something nice for someone (even strangers) whenever you can .
6. Stop watching television
7. Sign up to a prayer community online and get prayers and pay for other people (good karma)
8. Take your medication + research things like omega 3 fish oil, niacin.
9. Get your vitamin levels checked for any vitamin deficiency's (b12, and D mostly)
10. Research positive thinking and Gratitude if u haven't already.
11. Try self hypnosis (free on youtube)
12. Work towards goals (use hypnosis to help you) big goals and small goals.
13. CBT (Cognitive behavioral therapy) - free stuff all over the internet about it.
14. Take up reading , try reading some self help e books online.